- This event has passed.
Race to the top – SRA & SAL celebrate Black History Month
October 17, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Event: Race to the top
Date: Wednesday 17 October 2018
Location: Eversheds Sutherland, Bridgewater Place, Water Lane, Leeds LS11 5DR
Time: 18.00 – 20.00 (Registration 17.45)
Diversity at the top – closing the gap?
To mark Black History Month, we are supporting the SRA in their event aiming to explore the best ways to tackle the lack of black, Asian and minority ethnic lawyers (BAME) representation at senior levels in the legal sector.
The event will provide a great opportunity for networking.
Elaine Williams, SRA Board member (Chair)
Naeema Choudry, part-time employment judge and Partner, Eversheds Sutherland
Abid Mahmood, Judge and Barrister, No.5 Chambers
Sally Penni, Barrister, Kenworthy’s Chambers and founder of Women in Law
Sam Smethers, Chief Executive, Fawcett Society
Join us to:
- Hear what is being done to increase diversity and why some firms have decided to set targets.
- Take part in discussions about the challenges in making real progress and the key drivers for change.
- Question our panel about quota and targets and other proactive ways we can achieve diversity at senior levels.
- Find out about our research and findings into BAME career progression.
- Network with our speakers and other attendees to learn about their experiences.
- Share your own experience and gain valuable insight and ideas about what changes you can make in your firm.
This event will be hosted by Eversheds Sutherland and is supported by the Black Solicitors Network, British Nigerian Law Forum, Hindu Lawyers Association and Society of Asian Lawyers.
Car parking: There is a limited number of car parking spaces at the venue. Please indicate when registering if you would like a parking space reserved.
We hope to see you there.